Sunday, 13 March 2011

Burlesque Teatime Tassel-Off!

Hi everyone!


Last Sunday my friend Kerry and I attended an amazing Burlesque event which featured 15 fantastic burly girls and boylesquers, for The Sunday Night Varietease Tea Time Tassle Off Contest.
There were several categories in the contest, and the idea of the competition was that you had to nominate one performer for each category, and each category would win a fabulous prize.
The categories were:

1st prize Best Performer
2nd prize Best Concept Performance,
3rd Prize Best Costume and Props,

4th and 5th Best Pinup Tease,
3 x Runners up Prizes for Best Shimmy and Shakers
It was a great evening of fabulously tongue-in-cheek entertainment, and after watching each burlesque performance,  we had to cast our vote on who should win each category.




In the intermission breaks we couldnt resist having a little look at the clothes, various burlesque bits and bobs, on the extensive range of stalls, as there were lots of affordable vintage inspired treasure (although I didnt see anything that caught my eye, so I didnt buy anything, although Kerry bought a scrummy Vegan chocolate orange cupcake :)

 

So here is a selection of pictures from my favorite performances, in various stages of their routines, (it would get a bit boring if I included step-by-step!)

(Please be aware that some of the pictures do contain mild nudity so if easily offended, look away now :)
                                            Alice In Wonderland Routine <3

                                                  Dark and Dangerous


                                               I love the latex flame pants!

                                                     Boylesquers <3

Have YOU seen a Burlesque/Boylesque show? Or seen the Burlesque movie?

12 comments:

  1. looks like a fun evening! No, I've never been to a burlesque night, but it sounds pretty cool. The cupcakes look scrummy
    http://cgdn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to give Burlesque classes a go. It looks like so much fun and you get to wear pretty knickers. I am slightly in love with the Burlesque film :)

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi hun, we've already read room and are on the second book now, you can join at the start of April if that's ok, as it will be a new book etc xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great evening out! Never heard of boylesque, the term made me giggle. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looked like it was so much fun! And the boylesque dancer made me giggle into my morning tea! (: <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That looks like a fabulous evening :o) Like the thought of boylesque!
    Just popped over to thank you for your lovely comments and to welcome you as a follower. I've happily returned the compliment. Just had a quick shufty round - love your blog too.
    Hope you have a great week.
    Best wishes
    Rose H

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been to a burlesque show, but would love to see one, it sounds like a great night out :)
    The Alice in Wonderland routine looks fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like such a great event! I want to go to one!

    Sewing machine: getting on ok, but I've only done some hemming, as soon as I'm less busy I'm going to make a dress following a pattern (ARGH!) but I'm going to practice on cheap material first so I don't ruin my lovely fabrics. How are you getting on? xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a fabulous evening! Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got a blog award from me, check out my last post :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks like fun :) and very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really have eaten too many cupcakes so Burlesque is out of the question for me! Glad you all had a great time, Abby x

    ReplyDelete

comments make me happy :)